Euan Craig pottery workshop

Pottery? Food? Sleepover? Combine all of these things and you get the Euan Craig Pottery workshop that took place on October 20 and 21. Students from all grades in the high school attended this workshop and refined their skills on the pottery wheel with Mr. Craig’s guidance, learning new techniques to style and glaze their pots. Mr. Craig also taught students how to make traditional Japanese style pots and jugs.

In the evening, students participated in the annual “Pottery Olympics” where they got into teams and competed in various pottery style games. The games included blindfolded pot making, and pottery “dress-up” (a favorite by students as they get to dress-up the teachers with clay). The student leaders also ran a number of physical activities for everyone to participate in, such as hide-and-seek.

When students weren’t hands-on-deck in the pottery room, they got to make cinnamon buns, pancakes, and other treats to eat. Mr. T also brought out his famous kiln-cooked curries for everyone to eat for lunch. 

This Euan Craig Pottery workshop was one the most memorable due to the departure of our high-school pottery teacher, Mr T., who organized the workshop for almost two decades. Let’s hope that next year’s rising seniors bring back Mr. Craig to host another amazing pottery workshop.

The International • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in