Busy brains brought together at middle school Brain Bowl

Mr. Gray

On Wednesday, February 11, 10 students from the International School of the Sacred Heart attended the annual Kanto Plain Middle School Brain Bowl, which was held at Aoba-Japan International School.

Brain Bowl is a quiz show styled event where students from different schools in the Kanto Plain area come together to compete in a competition of knowledge and logical thinking. This year, students from ISSH and 10 other Kanto Plain schools, including the American School in Japan, Aoba-Japan International School, the British School in Tokyo, Christian Academy in Japan, K. International School Tokyo, Nishimachi International School, Seisen International School, St. Mary’s International School, St. Maur International School, and Yokota International School, attended the event.
The students were divided into 24 teams. Each team contained members from different schools to enable students to interact with individuals from other educational institutions. The groups were asked a wide range of questions in subject categories encompassing Mathematics, Science, History, English Literature, and general knowledge.
When some of the students from ISSH that attended Brain Bowl were asked what their opinion was on the event, many students had positive responses. Numerous students that replied said, “It was fun.”
In addition to having said that the Middle School Brain Bowl was fun, many of the 10 participants believed that it was a great way to socialize with others. Alisa (7) said, “It was a great way to talk to students from other schools.” Another student, Sakura (8), even said, “It was a better social than the bowling social.”
All in all, many students felt that the Kanto Plain Middle School Brain Bowl was a challenging event that also gave them an opportunity to socialize with students from various schools and diverse backgrounds.