Fabulous Family Festival filled with fun

On Saturday, April 25, the International School of the Sacred Heart will be hosting a festive event for friends and families on the school grounds! This year, the school is planning on using the money made to renovate the Middle School entrance.

Family Festival is an event that is much like a fair in many ways! The whole school organizes games and performances and parents help out by setting up food booths! Each class has their own game to manage at Family Festival. All of the games are set up in the gym by the students, and they are run by the students throughout the day. A variety of games are offered, from putt putt to lollipop picking, and all of the games give out tokens if you win. You can exchange your tokens for different prizes!

One of the major events of Family Festival is the Grand Raffle. There will be many prizes for the lucky winners!

Every year, the Middle School Choir, Orchestra, and Band perform numerous songs for the public during Family Festival.

Food booths will also be open at Family Festival. A variety of native foods from various countries will be sold on the playground. Come try some out!

Up in the Breezeway, on the outdoor sound stage, will be numerous musical, as well as other entertaining performances. One of them is the Middle School Band, the Cereal Killers, have been practicing for weeks to prepare for their upcoming performance. They noted that they will perform songs from a wide range of genres! Sahana, one of the band singers, said, “I’m excited, but also overwhelmed.” Don’t forget the Faculty Band, Tanuki! Finally, the High School Band, the LoAners, will be the last ones to perform outside at 2:30, before the raffles begin. There will also be numerous other performers in between such as hula dancing, a ukulele performance, a taiko performance, and more.

Performances will also be held in the Duchesne Room. Some of the performances include those by the Middle School Choir and the Middle/High School orchestra. The strings sections from the Middle High School Orchestra will be playing pieces, and the Middle School choir will also be performing six songs from their repertoire.

Finally, there will be flea market booths and small shops spread around the parking lot, up the hill to the school, and the Breezeway. A variety of items will be sold, including jewelry, clothing, toys, and much more.

Family Festival is an exciting opportunity to bond with friends and family members.

Come to Family Festival for a fun-filled day of games, food, and entertainment!