A night of fashion and music

A night of fashion and music

Eujin (8), Erisa (8), Nicole E. (9), and

The Spring Show is the final yet most exciting annual show of the school year, and everyone in the ISSH community has been working hard for the past few months to prepare for this big event. This year, the Spring Show will take place on Friday, May 13, in the school gymnasium. The junior, middle, and high school choirs and orchestras, as well as the grade 7 and 8 Needlework class, will come together to perform on this big night.

Similar to last year, the show will start off with the grade 7 and 8 Fashion Show. Each student performing in the show will come onto stage wearing their handmade clothing that they produced earlier this year. With the help of their Needlework teacher, Ms. Hoff, every student was able to express themselves by designing their own unique clothing. An interesting fact about the Fashion Show is that the dance choreography and the music was selected by the students.

The middle school and high school orchestra members have always been great performers, so the expectation for their performance this year is high. For the past few months, the orchestra has been preparing hard with their music, Themes from Studio Ghibli Animation”, composed by Joe Hisaishi and arranged by Ivan lp. To many of the orchestra members, this song has been the one of the longest and most challenging pieces of the year. The song includes familiar melodies from famous Ghibli movies such as Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, and more. During their performance on Friday night, the orchestra members want the audience members to feel the energy and enthusiasm that the song conveys. “Ghibli is the Broadway of Japan and the fact that the music has travelled to all corners of the globe speaks to its universal appeal”, said Mr.Nicholson, the middle and high school orchestra conductor.

This year, the theme for the choral performances is “Broadway composers with the name of Stephen”. The middle school choir will sing “Broadway Baby” and “No One Is Alone” by Stephen Sondheim, and “All For The Best” by Stephen Schwartz. The highlight of the middle school choir performance will be “All For The Best”, with great dance moves choreographed by Mr. Steven Tomlinson. “I hope the audience will walk away singing some tunes from the show!”, said Ms. Ofstedal, middle and high school choir director.

Again, the Spring Show will take place this Friday, May 13, from 4:00pm in the gymnasium. Bring your family and friends and come enjoy an amazing night of fashion and music!